Friday 18 July 2014

Beauty: Caudalie Beauty Elixir Review


Holy Moly, that was the 1st impression I had when my face was glistened (or drenched wtf) with the elixir. It was nothing I had ever used before. Avene Thermal Spring Water, Bio-essence Miracle Bio Water, Lush Tea Tree Water (although still remains one of my favourite for spotty days) and The Body Shop Vitamin E Mist all pales in comparison.

What Caudalie Claims:
Inspired by the "elixir of youth" used by Queen Isabelle of Hungary, Caudalie Beauty Elixir smoothes features, tightens pores, and gives the complexion a burst of radiance. An excellent base for make-up, this water awakens the skin in the morning and livens it up before a night out.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir is a favourite of Victoria Beckham's - she uses it on top of her make-up for a glowing complexion!

Skin solution: For all skins lacking radiance. Caudalie Beauty Elixir is an exceptional anti-dull complexion treatment and a wonderful after-shave for men.

Main ingredients: Grape, orange blossom, rose, organic balm mint and rosemary. 


True to its words, my skin felt tight, smooth and surprisingly glowy!!! When I'm just too lazy to slap on any other products on the skin, I just spritz my whole face with this (tons of it in fact), then I'm good to go. Its moisturising enough and yet has the capabilities to smooth out my complexion (hello small pores). Its refreshing and invigorating (thanks to its herbal scent and tingling sensation) makes it perfect for warmer days and sleepy afternoons.

I use this mostly as my skincare routine and after applying makeup. Sometimes, I do use this to treat my sun-burn skin although I wouldn't say it has tremendous effect in cooling it.

To be honest, if it weren't for Victoria Beckham, I wouldn't have splurged on this elixir as it comes with a whooping price tag of S$22 for only 30ml whereas its counterparts are much more affordable (think $20 for 2 bottles of 100ml Bio-essence Miracle Bio Water).

However, I would still rather spend my moolah on this baby as it does something to my skin. And I do mean something and not just mere cooling water effect.

Do I recommend it you ask? Hell Yah!!!!

Links to purchase => Here

No comments: