Thursday 18 June 2015

YSL Fusion Ink Foundation Review

Before I start my rambles, I'm going to just put it out there that I'm the kind of girl that prefers her foundation to be light coverage with some luminosity. 

Thus, this foundation doesn't really resonate too well with me. Although its marketed to be leave a matte but yet subtle dewy finish, all I'm getting is powdery flat veil on my face!?



But I must say, the packaging is absolutely gorgeous and classy. Loving the transparent rectangular front framed with black, it totally shouts "Oh, I'm so posh!!".





But the one thing that kinda annoys me is the applicator. Its just so queer looking that it doesn't pick up much product (the liquidy formulation isn't helping either) and it doesn't stop bacteria from transferring from my hand to the product. 



I get that its suppose to be light weight and all thus the watery texture but seriously, I'm having some trouble to make it stay put on my hand without it dripping off. Oh, I'm in B10 by the way (for easier reference, my foundation shade is in MAC NW20, Dior 020, Giorgio Armani No.3, Laura Mercier Porcelain and Chanel 20 Beige). 



As you can see, there is very very little to none radiance this foundation gives. I wouldn't say its completely flat matte, but I just like my skin to have a bit of glow. I like the thin but buildable coverage and also the faint flowery scent. I also love how natural it looks on the skin (possibly, just like skin you may). The only downside for me is that it doesn't last as long as my other foundations which fading can be seen just after 6 hours. 

All in all, I reckon that ladies who love their foundations to have matte finishes with a light to medium coverage will absolutely adore this product. As for me, I think I'll stick to my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and Diorskin Star Foundation. 

Rating: B+

1 comment:

Helen said...

wow it looks lovely, thanks for sharing! :)

I have a new outfit post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

* Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

x