Sunday 19 April 2015

Updated Morning Skincare Routine

Its been a while since I last posted my morning skincare routine. Many products has been replaced by new found love (I love changing up my routine/products in case you haven't noticed) but there are some old staples that's irreplaceable which are working great for me. 

Just to give you a headsup, I have a combination of dry cheeks and oily T-zone area. I'm still experimenting around with different brands and products to find my absolute beloved that suits my skin. 

So let's start. 



After cleansing my face with This Works Clean Skin Gentle Cleanser (umm, I really have anything special to say about this product except that it does what it says), the first thing I do of course is to tone. Chanel Hydra Beauty Lotion is working well for me but I kinda find it leaving a little sticky residue on my face. Maybe I should get the non-hydrating one then it would have been better.

Then I would use eye cream which in case is Soap and Glory's eyecream which comes in a squeezy tube with roller balls. This made application so much fun and it helps depuffing the eyes. 

After eyes is my all time favourite holy grail Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel which I couldn't recommend enough. This is amazeball. It helps reduce blemishes, hyperpigmentation and blackheads. Couldn't recommend this enough.

I usually skip moisturiser and serum in the mornings as I dislike heavy layers and its just hot and humid here in Singapore. I jump straight to using sunscreen and the sunscreen that I'm using Chanel UV Essential SPF50++ sunscreen. This product smells heavenly but I kinda dislike the oiliness that comes with the lotion. As you can probably tell by now that I hate heavy sticky products on my face. Thus, when it comes to choosing products, I'm quite picky.

And then for the body I use my Kose sunscreen with SPF50++. As my face is allergic to this stuff (pimples will come have a party whenever I slap this on and God knows why I still buy it, maybe to give it a 2nd chance?), I didn't wanna waste it thus onto my body it goes.

And then I finish my skincare routine with a spritz of my favourite Caudalie Beauty Elixir (totally swear by it) and Kiehl's Lip Balm which smells like mango (amazing!!).

Not too many products in the morning and I kinda like some of the products. Am planning to change cleanser, toner and sunscreen though as I feel there are better performing products out there in the market. What are your morning essentials though?

No comments: