Thursday 19 March 2015

MAC Isabel and Ruben Toledo Collection Spring 2015 | Overview

I always tend to go gaga over cute and pretty packaging and no matter what the heck that product is, I will never fail to acquire it. 

This time round its the same for this MAC Toledo collection which caught my eyes ever since they first appear on Instagram (pre launched) and I told myself I'm definitely gonna get my hands on them.

Sure enough, a couple of blush and lipstick shades were sold out on its first launch day at Sephora ION Orchard before I even get to swatch them. But luckily enough for me, I manage to get my hands on all the 3 blushers (after the collection was launched at MAC counters island wide) and a couple of lippies (Oxblood lipstick is on it's way, special thanks to a good friend of mine).


I mean, cummon!! Who can ever resist these?? Alright, maybe some of you might think the packaging is creepy with the huge eyes and all but who cares!! This collection to me is awesome!!


 

Just take a look at these pretty blushers with ombre effect. I absolutely love them in the pan. They are Ripe Peach, Kindergarten Red and Azalea Blossom from the left. There is a downside, the peachy and purplely colour does not show up well on my skin. It takes a couple of swirls before I can get the right amount of colours on my cheeks. The red however is well pigmented. Such a bummer the quality of the products are not as good. 


As for the lipsticks and lipglosses, boy are they pigmented. The lipsticks are Victoriana and Barbeque from the left to right. Although they are of the Matte range, I don't feel them drying at all nor do they tug on my lips during application. I like red lippies which are non slippery so they don't slide all over my face after a couple of hours. And their vanila scent is commendable too. 

I also got the corresponding Victoriana lipglass and like that it does not sheer out too much upon application. Although it felt sticky on the lips, I guess that helps in the longevity of the pigmentation. 

All in all, I'm extremely glad I got this much from the collection as its been a while (except for Cinderella) since MAC comes out with a collection that creates such a buzz in the beauty sphere. 

No comments: