Wednesday 6 August 2014

Review: MAC Alluring Aquatic

This review is so so so late that I'm quite ashamed to post it up now **head hangs low** But nevertheless, better late than never. 

To be honest, the main reason for me diving into this collection is because of its packaging. Top on my wishlist, I tried to get my hands on all most of the items as its not common that a MAC collection gets me this excited. 

Aren't they just swoon worthy!? You may have seen this collection floating around the internet couple times but this is by far my favourite... The water droplets looks all too real and are course to the touch (not in a bad way though).



So I've manage to pick up an eyeshadow (only this color entices me), 2 lipsticks and a bronzer.


The bronzer seems to be on a sheer side and does not give too much colour payout, thus a heavy hand is needed during application. I felt that this bronzer is a reminiscent of The Body Shop's bronzer whereby its easy to blend and does not have any shimmer in it. It doesn't look chalky on me even when tons are applied. I like it as it does its job as expected. 


The Lorelei Eyeshadow looks stunning in its packaging with its golden tones and shimmer applies smoothly on the eyelids. A tiny amount of fallouts do occur thus I would recommend using fingers or with a primer underneath. The eyeshadow is extremely pigmented and wears well for 6 hours on me before any signs of fading. A thumbs up from me.


Goddess of the Sea Cremesheen Lipstick. A befitting name for a befitting lipstick. Medium dark berry tones with a sheeny finish that lasts a good ol' 4 hours on me with a single swipe. The consistency is creamy and and its comfortable on the lips without the heavy icky feeling. If you shy away from heavy colours, just dab this in the middle of the lips and sheer it out with your fingers, you'll get a very nice tinted finish.


Next up is the Mystical Cremesheen Lisptick. On me, its a my-lips-but-better with a stronger red hue (note that my lips are slightly on the paler side). As with the Cremesheen's formula, its creamy and felt moisturising which surprisingly this lasted a good 5 hours before the colour recedes. A rosy beigy tone, this is bound to attract the likes of those who wants something muted. Love it <3

Unfortunately I'm too late on the blushes (all sold out before I can get my hands on them) and wasn't too keen on the lipglosses. Overall, a A- from me and which in my opinion is a money-worth-spent collection.  

1 comment:

Denisa said...

Very nice post.

http://www.fashiondenis.com/