Saturday 7 December 2013

Top 4 Tips to Prevent Pimples

My Skin Type: Dry to Combination
Pimple Prone Areas: Forehead, Between the Eyebrows, Cheekbone


1. Determine the food that causes the breakout
- As cliche as it sounds, but it really took years for me to figure that the food I consumed does play a significant role in determining the clearness of my skin. For me, its dairy (milk, ice-cream and yoghurt) and excess sugar (ice-cream, cookies and chocolate), which are tickets to pimple-land. Some may be "allergic" to seafood or some to spicy oily food. It really depends as all of our bodies are different. If you do have breakouts issue, do try to eliminate certain type of food gradually in order to pin point which food is your body not coping well with. There will surely bound to be a triggering-food-point and then you ought to control your intake of that particular food.

2. Take your vitamins
- No, I'm not saying that you should gobble all sorts of vitamins and minerals. They are certain group of vitamins that help such as Vitamin A, B (Beta-carotene) and C. The clarity of my skin has significantly improve after I down those aforementioned Vitamins once every two days. And I do mean SIGNIFICANTLY!!! I'm not going to go into details of how it works, thus, I'll let this website do the talking.

3. Keep your fingers away from any pre-breakouts, or just Stop Touching Your Face
- My mum (or all those mums out there) has been right all these while. Do not touch your face in any circumstances. Seriously, that's where a gazillion germs are breeding and they are more than happy to find a fertile ground aka your face (due to oil which is nutrient to them -__-) to multiply. Thus, as tempting as it may be to pinch those nasty pesky pimples or just running your fingers across your face, just don't let your hands go near your face. You will regret it, I promise.

4. Choose suitable skincare products
- Yes, ladies (and gentlemen). Although this may be an expensive step, but there is no way that you can avoid this step. Trial-and-error each and every brand and see which kind of skincare suits you. Once a product enhances your capability to pop more pimples, bin them. Like immediately, throw them away!!! You don't want to take risk with your face as you only gonna get one face for the rest of your life. You don't want to ruin that precious face of yours just because its a waste to throw new products away. I've learned it the hard way, just shuddering at the thought that I had put up with the whole Olay Total Effects Moisturiser which made me breakout like crazy, and which in turn left scars. Not a pretty sight I can assure you.
- So, don't be afraid to try out different skincare brands and types. Experiment. Have fun. Veer towards blemish fighting products that contains AHA, BHA, Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide and apply on targeted areas. I highly recommend Peter Thomas Roth's AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel (on a pricier side, also available in any Sephora outlet) or if you are on a budget, Clinelle's Blemish Clear gel is great too.


And of course, these are not the only steps to prevent pimples or breakouts as I'm sure there are tons of website that will offer you a whole chunk of preventive measure to cure and prevent breakouts. However, I just thought that I'd share my 2 cents in preventing this forever-there catastrophe. Hopefully, they help ^_^

No comments: