Sunday 30 August 2015

Guerlain Meteorites Baby Glow Fluid Foundation | Review

Pardon me for my inactivity here on my blog as I was crazy busy, preparing for both my wedding and new home. Although I try to scale down the size of the wedding to a simple one, I still find the many little bits and bobs that needs to be done irritating. Can't wait for this whole thing to end. Seriously. Once is enough :P

So, onto the more interesting the part of the post, my thoughts on Guerlain Meteorites Baby Glow Fluid Foundation. 

I have heard mixed reviews about this product. Some liked it light and easy to apply while others hate its short longevity and not-really-there-coverage. Thus, this was often used as a primer instead of a foundation. However, I like mine on the lighter coverage hence using this BG as my foundation was good enough. Thus, this review is my impression of BG as a foundation.

First thing off, I do like the packaging. Its compact and looks durable with the pastel cover and straight forward wording on top. 


I chose the colour 2 Clair/Light (am a MAC NW20) which suits perfectly on my skin.


Another thing which is a plus point is it comes in a pump and not your normal squeezey tube thingy. This alleviates the impression that Guerlain did put some thoughts into their packaging.


This pea size amount comes from half a pump. The product itself packs a ton of colour and is emollient enough to blend. 



After blending it out with my fingers, you can still definitely see some pore peeking thru thus its a light to medium coverage. I wouldn't say its buildable as the formulation doesn't seem to allow it to do so. True to its name, the finish is not entirely matte as there is some luminosity hanging around without the shimmer (pardon me as the camera is unable to pick it up). I like how light weight it felt on the skin with no signs of caking. 

Now here comes the gripe, the longevity is indeed crap. Oxidisation (the sign of darkening) can be seen after a meer 5 hours mark. Was sorely disappointed as I already am liking the whole outlook of this product being light weight and giving me that healthy glow. Oh well, nothing is perfect I guess (ahem, not including Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which is my ultimate holy grail).

Apart from the allowable duration of wear, I really liked this product. Maybe one day, I might use it as a primer instead to see how it holds up with other foundation. I wouldn't say its a must-have product, but its nice to have it in your stash as a last minute slap-it-on-and-go product without a fuss, plus it smells good too ^_^

Rating: B+

No comments: