Thursday 9 April 2015

4 Steps to Achieve Flawless Skin

Recently I have been complimented many times on my skin being all smooth and radiant. This of course made me really happy and I thought that I should share my tips of getting the skin that I have been "wearing"

But of course, before we jump into the makeup products that I use, skincare routine is super important too as flawless skin does 100% starts from within. I highly recommend Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel which helps rid pimples and reduces pigmentation simultaneously. 


1. Primer / Base
Product: Benefit The Porefessional
This paste like primer is awesome for covering pores and helps foundation clings onto skin like no other. Although its not enough to hide imperfections like scaring or blemishes, it does well in smoothing out any bumps and holes which paves a nice canvas for you to paint on your foundation.

2. Foundation
Product: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
I'm quite fortunate to have good skin (thanks mum ^_^) thus light coverage foundation has always been staple. This liquid foundation (much prefer liquid foundation as creamy types make me look cakey and powder types cling onto my dry patches) is not only light weight, but it feels like skin, doesn't cake, looks natural and has this subtle glow to it making you look like you have 8 hours of sleep. Love the nice scent of this product too. Bonus is that it has SPF15 in it (but I still recommend that you wear sun screen).

3. Powder
Product: MAC Studio Fix
Mine's a combination skin type, slight oily T-zone and dry cheeks and chin area. Thus, by the end of the day, my forehead will definitely look shiny (although some might mistaken it for radiant skin :P) and most of my foundation tends to drop off. MAC Studio Fix powder has always been a cult product and boy does it live up to its hype. I like how natural this looks after application without looking dead, like you know, whitish cast ghost-like dead skin. It also helps in keeping my fore less shiny. Thumbs up.

4. Concealer (not pictured here)
Product: Dior Star Concealer, ELF Concealer/Highlighter Duo, Clinique Airbrush Concealer
I tend to only use concealer sparingly which is under the eyes. I have really dark eye circle and sometimes when I don't get enough of sleep, I look like I got punched in the face (seriously). Thus, these concealer saves my day by having a medium coverage and non-cakey formula. I hate when concealer makes me has inverted panda eyes (for being too thick) and skins into my fish tail wrinkles. I don't normally put concealer on blemishes as I wanted them to breathe and recover faster.

So, here you go... The key products of mine that lets me achieve the face that I'm having right now. Hope that this gives you some idea how to make your skin look better.

So, what are your must-have makeup bases?

No comments: